miércoles, 12 de febrero de 2020

MY REFLECTION ON READING HABITS

Nowadays our reading habits have suffered a big transformation. If we take a look 10 years ago the topics and the way of reading were different. Not only with the digital books but also the kind of books.

In the different images we can observe people reading alone, adults teaching children, students in school but it seems that almost all of them enjoy reading their books (digitals or not). Some of them have chosen their books becaise it's for pleasure but others haven't because other person have done it. I suppose that some of them could be happy and enthusiastic about their readings and other just do it because they have to. Not always we enjoy in our readings but if we choose them normally it is about a topic that is relevant for us.

In the second photograph I can feel like the adult woman because as teachers we should guide our students readings, I hope to choose something interesting for them.

Normally I choose different topics if I read in Spanish, something actual dynamic and actual. On the other hand in my second language I prefer reading classic literature. I have always read in paper and not e-books, I love reading and underlining my favourites parts.

When do I read? When I am on holidays!!! I would like to read everyday but when I am working I prefer reading books about teaching.

1 comentario:

  1. There is a way of waking up the critical thinking on students withou guiding them when thry are adults. Cueing the plot of a book may be interesting and hook students. I think it's a matter of eliciting students' likes and try to initiate a discussion in class.
    Besides, paragraphs in ebooks can be underlined in the same way as paper books.

    ResponderEliminar